Using QR applications to market your Academic Libraries services: Methods and Tools
§ Moderator: Prof. Dr. Abdallah H. Metwally
1. Naseej Academy Supervisor
2. Senior Knowledge Solutions Consultant at Naseej
3. Full Collage Professor at Department of Libraries, Documents and Information Technology, Cairo University, Egypt
4. Log to the Arabic/English Résumé: http://www.naseejacademy.org/en-us/SupervisoryBoard/Pages/Dr-AbdallahH.aspx
1. What is QR Code? How it works? and what are its types and applications?
2. What are the benefits of QR code Vs. Barcode?
3. How to use QR codes in marketing Academic library services?
4. How to create your own QR codes?
5. Case studies.
§ Objectives: By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Get familiar with QR codes Technology
2. Recognize the implications of QR Codes generally and in Academic libraries in specific
3. Appreciate how QR codes can assist in marketing Academic Library services
4. 101 practical steps to create QR code
§ Target audience: The workshop is suitable for:
1. Senior-level managers and heads of academic libraries (including directors, chief librarians and deputies)
2. Middle-level staff of academic libraries (including librarians, reference librarian, and staff responsible for marketing and Library services
3. Other audience you think they are interested in the topic
§ Workshop Language: English (with Arabic & English speech)
§ Workshop Format: The workshop will adopt and utilize the following forms and mechanisms:
3. Group work
4. Training exercises
5. Case Studies
§ Max. number of attendees: 30-35 (First Come, First Served)
§ Workshop Fee: (Including Stationery, Coffee-Breaks and Lunch)
1. LLA member: L.L.50,000.00
2. Non-LLA member: L.L. 100,000.00
§ Date: Tuesday 08 May 2018
§ Time: 09:00AM - 04:00PM
§ Location: Le Commodore Hotel (http://www.lecommodorehotel.com/) in Baalbek Street, Hamra, Beirut Lebanon, Beirut
Deadline: The final date of registration is May 01, 2018.
Payment Information Deadline 01 May, 2018
Payable to LLA Representatives*
Payable to: Lebanese Library Association (LLA) Beirut, Lebanon
Remitted to: Lebanese Library Association (LLA)
Bank Address: Makdissi Branch, Diab Bldg. Makdessi St. Ras Beirut.
(For USD use this account)
Account No.: 52 0240050674500
IBAN No.: LB15 0022 0000 0000 2400 5067 4500
(For LBP use this account)
Account No.: 52 0140050674500
IBAN No.: LB53 0022 0000 0000 1400 5067 4500
N.B. Place and Registration is confirmed only after payment of all fees